This is just going to be pics of the finished garment. I tried doing a look of the day type of thing. I don't think it worked out to well. But, as they say practice makes perfect so next time I will remember to put on make-up, wear accessories, and rock a nice hairstyle. Yeah those are important factors in styling an outfit....forgive me I was lazy.
As of right now I am working on the second version to V1367 and this time around I know what I will be doing differently.
The second one will be interfaced and lined in the shoulder and yoke section of the blouse. The gathers will be allot more evenly spread out. I won't make the back as long and the sleeves will be lengthened and I think I will add on the cuffs.
Well that's it for now.
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Just wanted to give an update on a current project I am working on, in the midst of constructing the dress. I needed a fast and easy project to help boost my moral and sewing mojo. So I decided to work on Vogue 1367, you know the Rebecca Taylor blouse. I love it and since it's just the top I need right now I decided to use a fabric that I had been storing in the bottom of my box for at least 3 years, It was originally going to be a dress, and I think I have enough left over to do just that. But I needed something for the fall and since I absolutely love the print along the border of the fabric, I wanted to see how it worked out using the print as a focal point.
So here she is so far.....
Yup, so far it has been alright. I had a little difficult time dealing with the back portion of the top. I kept struggling with stitching the gathers to the yoke without having to keep adjusting it. I had to take out my seam ripper at least half a dozen times until it finally fit the back appropriately.
Well that's my story for now. More to come.