It's been awhile but things are slowly progressing. So far I have finished my version of the fable jacket. I have some reservations about the look of the jacket because it looked nothing like I imagined, but, I do like the fit and the concept behind it. Will I make another version? No. It took to long and the material was very fussy. Every time I would get back to sewing different parts of the jacket it would grow and not just grow in the sense that it needs a little alteration here and there, it was inches of fabric appearing in different parts of the jacket. I had so much fabric to cut out, it became ridiculous. Which made me come to terms with my fabric choice, although it seemed like an awesome idea, I should of left it at that... an idea.
And here what I have so far for my McCalls 6696. I love how this shirtdress is coming out.
I struggled with this one because I added to many inches in the bodice forgetting that there is a front placket to be added. It's a good thing this situation can be resolved easily. The next version is being cut out so I will be posting on how I altered this version differently from my last one. Let's see how that turns out.
Hope all is well,