Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update!!!!

So here is the dress with the sleeves and collar done....I still have the other waistband to put on and hem the skirt and add the zipper and I will finally be done!!!
Here is a close up of the collar...I hate the fact it looks a little flimsy I put in the interfacing and top stitched the collar so it can be a little more stiff...but it didn't work out so well...I am going to have to figure something out....
Here is the sleeve with the lapel I didn't get my buttons yet but you get the idea....

My biggest issue right now is the back of the bodice it's real tight, constricted and really uncomfortable...
Well other than that my blue shirt is coming along pretty well ...I will post about that next time but ...as of right now I am concentrating on my new project ....I originally was going to use Mc Call's M555 dress...but I thought it was kind of boring so...I thought about combining it with Burda 7783 ...I am too crazy about the collar, well actually I love the collar but it's too trendy and might not be able to use it for long...so I thought I use McCall's collar and use the sleeves and pockets on Burda....
Now I am not too sure about the combination...I thought it was a good idea a while ago but looking back I am not too sure...I love the silver/gray and black combo but the black has a pattern on it's own so wouldn't that be a little much?
I was hoping to use the black for the body of the garment and the grey would be used on the collar and the band of the sleeves...
Well that's about it for now... I will be posting real soon!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your choice of fabrics!!!