Monday, April 8, 2013

Self Drafted Shirt Update....



So far I am enjoying the process of sewing my top together. The biggest issue for me was how to make this look very neat. I didn't want anything to look out of place or weird. So I decided to make some changes,the sleeves I orignally wanted wasn't going to work. It looked out of place and just wrong. I don't know if I didn't measure it correctly or did I overlook some details. But it just wouldn't sit right. It overlap onto my front shoulder. Which made it look awkward. So I decided to change things up and try using flutter sleeves instead. I have to say I was very happy with the turn out. It looks fresher, cleaner, and even fits with the spring/summer look.
I have to say though as of late I have been really into sewing. I am not sure why? But I am really happy my mojo has made a comeback. Right now I am working on making a pattern for a peplum top. So far I have made the alterations for the front bodice now I am starting the back. I am kind of curious to see what comes of it. Hmph, we will see.
And there is this summer dress that I am working on which I hope to post soon on it's progress. It's a washable silk fabric which has a beautiful drape to it. I love the feel to it and the print is beautiful. But more on that later.
I hope all is well with everyone.
Later,
A.S.

No comments: