Saturday, September 7, 2013

In the meantime.....

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give an update on a current project I am working on, in the midst of constructing the dress. I needed a fast and easy project to help boost my moral and sewing mojo. So I decided to work on Vogue 1367, you know the Rebecca Taylor blouse. I love it and since it's just the top I need right now I decided to use a fabric that I had been storing in the bottom of my box for at least 3 years, It was originally going to be a dress, and I think I have enough left over to do just that. But I needed something for the fall and since I absolutely love the print along the border of the fabric, I wanted to see how it worked out using the print as a focal point.
So here she is so far.....

Yup,  so far it has been alright.  I had a little difficult time dealing with the back portion of the top.  I kept struggling with stitching the gathers to the yoke without having to keep adjusting it.  I had to take out my seam ripper at least half a dozen times until it finally fit the back appropriately.
Well that's my story for now.  More to come.


JuliN said...

You stuck with it and got the yoke installed. I hope you finish the top easily, A.S.!

JuliN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.