Sunday, September 28, 2014

Going Retro (Part 2)....Simplicity 1459

Hello Everyone,
     Well it's been an awesome weekend and I have to say I really enjoyed the surprisingly warm weather here in New York.  But, I do hope I will see some autumn weather soon, before we get hit with the very cold and harsh days of winter. 

     Working with Simplicity 1459 has been awesome so far the instructions are straight forward and easy to follow and the cotton fabric has been really great to work with.  I used duct cotton to underline the dress because I wanted it to have structure, especially around my mid-section.  There are a few reasons as to why I thought it was important to use this method as a means to create the kind of dress I envisioned. 
1) I needed a fabric to help keep me warm during those chilly days.
2) I like the feel of a hefty fabrics.
3)  I am a firm believer that when constructing a garment for a plus size woman it helps to emphasize on the way it fits her body.  Fabric choice makes all the difference in the world and sometimes it require a fabric that has structure to help minimize bumps and lumps and focus on all her beautiful qualities.
 I think I am going to use this process as a base for most of my autumn/winter wear.






Being that it was Sunday, I wanted to leave you guys with a parting shot in my church wear.  I love this outfit.... which made me think about putting a few jackets in my future project pile. Uh yeah, we will see.


As always, Be Blessed.
A.S.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Love that jacket--it fits well and it's a great color on you!

Ambitious Sewer said...

Thank you.

Joyce in NC said...

Pretty jacket - good fit and fabric print.

Ambitious Sewer said...

Thank you...Joyce in NC.

Anonymous said...

Lovely jacket, the colour is such a lift.

Ambitious Sewer said...

Thank you patternpandemonium.