Friday, July 25, 2008

DRESS UPDATE!!!!

So I just finished cutting out the gore section to the skirt and top....I stitched most of the top together .... I still have so much more to do like the sleeves, collar and belt ...by the time I was done doing the basics I was flustered I had to re-stitch most of the top because I stitched on 5/8 instead of 1/2 an inch.... and then the sewing machine had the nerve to get fussy with me.... I had to keep re-threading the darn thing...so here are my results thus far.......


So here it is my top...I have to apologize for the fuzzy pic...I was trying to take the photo without the flash...but it came out hazy...sorry... I think it looks kind of short but I have to put it together to see how everything fits....it took me about five hours just to get to this point...I kept reading and re-reading the instructions...plus on top of that I had to add inches on the pattern pieces because obviously there size 24 and my size 22 are totally different...I hate having to do the math...but I did it
Okay as you notice my homemade duct tape dress form is crooked there is an explanation for that my little sister is a dunce and ......
This is the front....You will notice that I only put facing on one side...becuase I got lazy...I should of ironed it...and I forgot to take out my basting ...as you can see this is going to be a long project...but it will be done...
And this is the back....



So in the end I have to say it has been an experience that I hope will get better in time. More updates on my other projects, and sewing adventures

No comments: