Friday, July 18, 2008

Simplicity Dress Project....

When I first saw this fabric I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it...it was absolutely beautiful and I wanted to make something special with it...so I decided to make my first dress with it...
Last night while watching Golden Girls I finally baste my skirt from the Simplicity pattern 2981 it wasn't all that difficult after all but unfortunately while I was trying it on my dress form some of the material unraveled and some of the stitching got loose which forced me to pin some of the garment pieces together..
.
which in the end up looking like this...

When I put the skirt portion on me it end up looking like this.....

I guess in the end I will be cutting a couple of inches of the bottom since I want my dress to be cocktail length...I have to say I am a little concerned of how easily this fabric can unravel I guess I am going to have to use a Serging machine to help rectify the problem..

I

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

That dress is amazing! Can't wait to see it all finished up!

Tany said...

I agree with Adrienne! And the fabric is beautiful!

Cennetta said...

Congratulations on making your first dress. It's going to be gorgeous!

omar ail said...



Your site is very helpful
http://ar.arabantiinsects.wikia.com
https://antiinsect.yolasite.com/
http://antiinsectsforarab.wikidot.com
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/
http://tomoh26.net/