Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Three books....




Since I am having a little issue with patterns fitting me properly, I decided to go to the library and get some books out ....
1) Fast Fit from Sandra Betzina

2) Life is not a dress size by Rita Farro 3)No Time to Sew also from Sandra Betzina

So far I am beginning to get a better understanding on how to manipulate the patterns. I will post my progress with the dress. So far I have pinned the bust on my form and it looks alright, the only problem is the under arm area, but I think I will gather that area and see what it looks like. Wish me luck.
Ambitious Sewer

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I also recommend http://www.amazon.com/Fitting-Finesse-Nancy-Luedtke-Zieman/dp/0848714377/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224312603&sr=8-1. It uses a pivot and side technique which can make altering easier because the important areas such as armholes are not altered. It also explains things like buying the 'real' correct size pattern and how to fix those annoying pulls and ripples ... I found it very helpful in understanding how patterns work, maybe you will too ... smiles.

Unknown said...

Umm I mean pivot and SLIDE ...

Cennetta said...

I sometimes use pivot and slide. But there are occasions when I add length to the bodice in the bust area.