Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring Sewing 2015

Hello All,
     As of late I have been doing the sewing jumble juggle...I can't seem to keep focus on one project.  Every time I look into my pile of patterns, something always jumps out at me.  So I decided since I am inspired to do so many things, I will have to find a way to organize myself and see where this journey takes me.  So my Thursdays are cutting out pattern days, Fridays are measuring and altering days and Saturdays are cutting out fabric days.  You notice there is no sewing day right, yeah I guess it's just going to happen when the sewing bug bites until then I will just have to wait. But when I think about it.... that's a great thing, I am doing of all the hard work now and get to do the fun stuff later.
So here are a few pics on what I am working on and some things I got from Jo-Ann.

So we have this little number here McCall's 6696.  Which is a dress I wanted to do for a long time, but was intimidated by the buttonholes.  I figure at this point in my sewing journey I can take a leap of faith and try to make this dress happen.  Plus the fabric I have in my stash been waiting so long to be used it would be a shame to let this opportunity pass.



I love this cotton fabric it's so vibrant and fun...I know this is going to be an awesome experiment...I mean dress.



This is another favorite of mine....I love the different shades of blue.  But I really love the idea that it reminds me of a tourist shirt.  I can't wait to make this happen.



I used my sloper to make the appropriate adjustments to my pattern.


Since Simplicity was having a sale. I decided to pick up a few patterns.


 And here is my ultimate favorite.  While watching a movie I was inspired to create this top.  I  don't know how or why Hell Raiser 3 could encourage me in any way to make such a docile but cute top, but hey I am happy some sewing mojo was being conjured up during it's viewing. I mean huh?  No leather, no spikes, no chains.  But, ANYTHING! At this point to get something going.

  Well that's it for now. 
A.S.

No comments: