Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just discouraged....

I have been working on this dress for the last 2 months now and I am about to just quite. I hate the idea of starting something and not finishing...but this is getting on my last nerve...for this project I had someone help me through it because it was kind of challenging and I wanted the dress to come out perfect...unfortunately I didn't think it would take this long...I thought I would be doing my Halloween costume by now...I hate, hate, absolutely hate when things don't come my way...so far I did the gore skirt and I put in all EIGHT stinking gores in...which was a process because you have to go on the last stitch of the skirt and continue down...well guess what I had to do some over because I went to far up and the tip of the gore looked all bunched up so I had to do that over...then when I was done the skirt felt snug on me good time for me to gain more weight right!!!!... so my lovely instructor decided to cut along the waist she went 2 1/2 inches down so the skirt could fit me better guess what the bottom now it's larger than the top...no problem I thought...we just have to adjust as we stitch...well it's not that easy because the seams of the top don't match the bottom...not necessarily because of the cutting but because I decided to let my impatience get the best of me and I went and stitched the skirt...since one of my major concerns were the way the silk fabric kept unraveling I decided to do a zig zag stitch and trim...then instead of half an inch I restitch each panel of the skirt 3/8 of an inch... to make it more comfortable...dumb,dumb,dumb...according to her it was not necessary and it would of looked more professional if I had it cut with pinking shears...she stated it would of looked cleaner that way...I asked would anyone would of noticed the difference...whether I used one stitch over the other...she said it's not a matter of what people notice it's just doing things right and learning how to do things in a proper manner...I stated ( and I wasn't trying to be an ass about it)...I am just learning and I can't worry to much about perfection...I just need to grasp different ideas on how to tackle problems when they occur...
Listen I am not a perfectionist when it comes to allot of things (at least in the beginning)...I just worry about doing things right...I didn't think it was the fact that I did the zig zag stitch...I think it's because she thinks I question her methods...Like I said I was getting inpatient and I wanted to get it Done!!!...so I apologized since I am still the student..
But does it really make a difference what method of stitching I use when trying to resolve the unraveling issue?
Anyway I will post a picture of the Dress?...once I have my temper under control...on a brighter not I am thinking of doing another dress...BURDA 7783..in black and gray...

No comments: