Sunday, August 24, 2008

So here it is......

So here it is... as you can see the sleeves are not done I have not put the collar in yet..still have to put in the side zipper...




You can see that the seams don't match even in it's pinned stage...I think I have to restitch the first three panels so it can look more uniform and professional

Here is the collar and facing ....

I was trying to take a picture of the point of the gore...
here is the controversial edge zig zag stitch...bad move


So here it is...I hope by the middle of September I will finally finish this garment...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometime it's a real challenge to finish a garment. I know I often get to the stage you are at and the dress just doesn't look like the one I imagined in my head. I term that as hitting the wall, because I have to force myself to continue, and yet, to date, 90% of everything I sew I have ended up loving once it was finished - as noted some I continue to hate but still not a bad proportion in my opinion. Your fabric is beautiful and I think worth the effort, because I believe once you are over this bit you will love it again ... smiles

Anonymous said...

The fabric is wonderful. I love the colors and the garment is great.

Still Patrice said...

pretty fabric